Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Elise

Elise turned 6 on Tuesday! She is such a sweet, loving, brave, loyal girl and I am so glad to have her in our family.

Last night when she was in bed we were talking about what to name her new bear. She was trying to decide between Lindsay, Lily and Snowflake. I said Snowflake might be fun because her bear was born in the winter like she was. Here is the rest of the conversation.
Elise: I was born in the winter?
Me: Yes you were born on December 6th like your bear, that is why your birthday is today.
Elise: So I was born today and that is why you decided to have my birthday today? Was Diana born on her birthday?
Me: Yes.
Elise: Was Stuart born on his birthday?
Me: Yes.
Elise: Was Daddy born on his birthday?
Me: Yes.
Elise: Were you born on your birthday?
Me: Yes.
Elise: What the heck? Our whole family was born on their birthdays?

I think we may need to explain birthdays a little better. . .

4 comments:

Jenny said...

that's hilarious. We love Elise, too.

Lorin and Janice said...

Elise is so cute! I have loved being her primary teacher!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, the things we take for granted that the understand. The conversation is classic Elise. I love that girl. I love the picture also.
Library Grandma

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Yes, we love Elise so much, and thank you for sharing the fun things in her life. Tell her Grandma and Grandpa were born on their birthdays too. Love always, Draper (in Czech) Grandma