Diana:
Is loving her drama club at school. They are doing a version of Little Red Riding Hood and she gets to be the grandma. She is very excited about the play but is getting a little nervous about performing in front of lots of people. (I can never decide if she actually has a little stage fright or just thinks she is supposed to so she acts nervous.)
I just finished reading the Harry Potter series to Diana. I have always loved the books but there was something even more magical about reading them with her. She could barely contain her excitement those last few pages of the last book. It was so fun to experience that with her.
Elise:
Was pretty disappointed on her 6th birthday that she couldn't read books. (I must have told her she would probably be able to read when she was 6.) I'm still not sure if she understands that learning to read mostly involves practicing words and sounds. We are working on it and she can read a lot of words now so hopefully she feels better about her reading ability.
Elise has two really good friends in her kindergarten class and has play dates as often as she can. I have been surprised at how social she has been this year. Kindergarten has been so good for her.
Stuart:
Loves everything related to cars, trucks, dirt and dinosaurs. He isn't really talking yet but doesn't have too much trouble communicating what he likes or doesn't like. He likes to say "shhh" whenever someone does something he doesn't like. His sisters hear that quite a bit.
Stuart and I go to music class together. This semester has been about things that go. At the end of class Stuart gets a stamp on the back of his hands. He gets so excited and loves to show off his car or truck for the next few days.



2 comments:
your updates reminded me that i never did the updates with my 5 picture this month. thanks. :)
it was fun to read your update - even though we see you guys pretty regularly, i don't always get to know what your kids are interested in.
I love the way you describe what is going on there--we can really picture what you describe. You are a talented writer--and you have great subjects! Love every word and picture. Love always, Draper (Czech Republic) Grandma
Post a Comment